If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Cost modelling on impact of children’s lives saved and HIV infections averted in 3 sub-Saharan African countries: HIV and Nutrition Systems linkages
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Key competences, technical background, and experience required:
· Advanced university degree (PhD) in economics, public health or related field, or currently in completion of PhD with commitment from advisor.
· 8-10 years of relevant experience including professional editing in English, and with prior experience in writing development literature.
· Demonstrated ability to work and lead research team(s) in developing country contexts – public health and/or health economics; work with IRBs; data collection, analysis and/or other relevant work.
· Proven track record of publishing in academic journals as a principal author
· Knowledge of HIV, malnutrition, health economics and application to health service delivery is preferable.
· Fluency in English, knowledge of Portuguese is highly desirable.
· Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
· Passion to work for UNICEF's mission.
How to Apply:]
Deadline for submissions: 22 November 2013
Qualified candidates are requested to send their submissions to <email@example.com> with subject line: Consultancy, HIV and Nutrition Systems linkages
Applications must include:
• Cover letter
• Maximum 3-page curriculum vitae (CV);
• Signed P11 form (which can be downloaded from https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html)
· An indication of ability, availability and a quote for daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above, (in US$). Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
NOTE: Files should not exceed 5.0MB limit. It is advised to send two emails if you exceed the limit.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.