If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant for Budget Analysis for Investments in Children and Fiscal Space Analysis for Social Protection Floor in Saint Lucia.
Education and Qualification:
Advanced university degree in social sciences, economics, statistics, public finance management, development studies, social or public policy, with specialization in social budgeting or public finance management.
Skills and Experience:
- At least 10 years of professional experience in international development.
- Demonstrable proficiency in technical expertise and proven record of conducting social budget analysis, fiscal space analysis for social protection, quantitative data analysis, benefit incidence analysis and/or PFM experience is an asset.
- Have a strong knowledge of child rights and human rights.
- Have excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Have strong analytical and writing skills.
- Have experience of working with multiple partners and agencies and national governments in an international setting, familiarity with the Caribbean region and/or Small Island Developing States (SIDS) is an asset.
- Fluency in English.
Qualified individual candidates, teams and/or organizations are requested to submit
1. CV or P11 Form for individual candidate or for each team member as part of joint proposal,
2. Cover letter,
3. Detail budget stipulating all-inclusive fees including lump sum travel and subsistence cost, and
4. Two samples of relevant work completed in the last 2-3 years.
The application should be submitted with subject line “Budget Analysis St. Lucia”, to firstname.lastname@example.org Cc. to email@example.com.
The deadline for the submission of application is Friday 22 November 2013 .
Please indicate your ability, all-inclusive fees including lump sum travel and subsistence cost and availability to undertake the terms of reference above.
Applications submitted without all-inclusive fees including lump sum travel and subsistence cost quote will not be considered.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.