If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultancy Statistics and Monitoring Consultant (SSA), Child Protection and Disability Data and Analytics Section, Division of Policy and Strategy (D&A/DPS, UNICEF NYHQ).
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Qualifications and specialized knowledge, experience and skills required:
- Education: University Master’s Degree or higher in statistics, demography or social sciences
- Three to four years of solid responsible professional work experience in monitoring and data analysis
- Familiarity and previous experience with research/data collection on disability or child protection
- Previous experience compiling and presenting country-level data, with a focus on child disability and/or child protection topics
- Proven experience in working with data from household surveys and its use in policy and programming
- Proven experience in data analysis and report writing to disseminate key data and findings to non-technical audiences, particularly related to child disability and/or protection
- Excellent command of English required; working knowledge of another UN language is an asset
- Analytical, methodical and precise style of writing
- Proven coordination and organization skills
- Good communication and advocacy skills
- Good knowledge of SPSS and/or STATA
- Ability to work in an international environment and under tight deadlines
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P-11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Statistics and Monitoring Consultant, Child Protection and Disability” by 15 November 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered. Please note that the selected consultant will not receive additional funds to cover living expenses while in New York and is required to have insurance for the duration of the contract as this is not provided by UNICEF.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.