If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a UN IT Project Manager, P-4, in Vietnam.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Advanced university degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field.
10 years of progressively responsible experience in ICT, preferably in infrastructure development or networking.
At least 5 years’ professional experience within the UN system.
i) Core Competencies: Please refer to the Terms of Reference.
ii) Functional Competencies:
- Thorough knowledge of overall design and operating principles of ICT systems and of connectivity concepts.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in ICT Project Management and related tools (e.g. Prince 2)
- Ability to integrate the needs of the office automation, available resources and systems requirements.
- Ability to identify telecommunication needs and excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to coordinate, plan and implement ICT infrastructure.
Fluency in English.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to actively listen and discern issues.
- Excellent analytical skills to define systemic problems and recommend plans of action, new procedures or new systems.
- Ability to work independently, to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; courtesy, tact and ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds in a team environment.
- Attention to quality and capacity to meet deadlines.
Interested candidates are kindly requested to submit the following information:
- Letter of interest
- P-11 form ( UN Personal History Form )
- Copies of degrees and relevant certificates
- Proposed monthly consultancy rate
Please indicate the title of the assignment on the top left corner of envelop and address to UNICEF at:
Human Resources Unit
UNICEF Viet Nam
81A Tran Quoc Toan street, Ha Noi, Viet Nam
Or via email: email@example.com
Closing date: 25 September 2013 at 17:00 PM (Ha Noi Time).
Only short-listed candidates will be called for test/interview. Any attempt to unduly influence the selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant..
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.