If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultancy to Develop UNICEF’s Programme of Work for the Implementation of the Transformative Agenda Office of Emergency Programmes (EMOPS), Geneva
Please see Terms of Reference
1. Excellent analytical skills and ability to identify problems and propose solutions.
2. Advanced skills in data analysis and presentation; advanced computer literacy, particularly in Excel.
3. Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
4. Strong inter-personal skills.
5. Ability to build trust and develop and maintain effective work relationships with sensitivity and respect for diversity and inclusive participation.
6. Excellent communication skills.
7. Strong and mature judgment.
1. Advanced university degree in social sciences, international relations, public policy, or related area. A first level university degree with relevant combination of academic qualifications and experience in a related area may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
2. At least four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian affairs, ideally with the United Nations system or NGOs. Experience in humanitarian response/recovery preferred.
3. Demonstrated experience in data collection and analysis.
4. Knowledge of humanitarian reform and the cluster approach.
5. Knowledge of the UN and UNICEF’s system's policies and procedures, including humanitarian response mechanisms.
6. Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Contract Type: Individual consultant.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) to email@example.com by 20 September 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.