If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultancy, Analysis for UNICEF to strengthen engagement in climate change.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
1. Key competences, technical background, and experience required:
Qualifications of Successful Candidate:
• Advanced university degree in relevant area such as environment, social and economic development, and international cooperation.
• A minimum of eight years of relevant work experience focused on developing countries, in areas related to development cooperation in climate change, development cooperation, environment and socio-economic development.
• Specific expertise in programme/project formulation, review and evaluation related in the field of climate change and/or environment is required
• Specific expertise in climate finance is required
• Familiarity with Children's Rights and gender in the context of climate change and/or environmental resources management
• Cross-disciplinary perspective on and in-depth and current knowledge of national and international policy and institutional arrangements governing climate change, sustainable development and the MDGs.
• Excellent analytical and writing skills, advocacy and presentational skills an asset.
• Demonstrated ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious & effective working relationship both within and outside an organization.
• Familiarity with UNICEF or UN mission, programme policies and goals an asset.
• Familiarity with the national climate change policy discourse in countries from multiple regions (especially Africa, Asia and the Pacific) is an asset.
• Fluency in English. Working knowledge of French is an asset).
Competencies of Successful Candidate:
· Analyses and integrates diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative data from a wide range of sources.
· Writes high quality documents that are clear, convincing and applicable.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Creates and encourages a climate of team-working and collaboration in a multi-cultural environment.
· Quickly builds rapport with individuals and groups. Actively nurtures good relationships with people across all organizational levels and boundaries, and with government counterparts and non-government stakeholders.
· Negotiates effectively by exploring a range of possibilities.
· Contributes and tries out innovative approaches and insights.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P-11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) to email@example.com with subject line “Analysis for UNICEF to strengthen engagement in climate change/ Social Inclusion, Policy and Budgeting” by 19 September 2013, 5:00pm EST. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Joint applications of two or more individuals is not accepted.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.