If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultancy with Adolescent Development and Participation Section, Programme Division Technical support for Adolescent Kit.
For more information, see the attached TERMS OF REFERENCE.
Key competences, technical background, and experience required:
- An advanced degree in social sciences with a technical focus in the areas of child protection, education, social work, art therapy, human rights, and/or international development;
- Extensive experience writing, designing, and editing training or educational materials for adolescents.
- Demonstrated experience in working with adolescents, in development or emergencies contexts;
- Strong knowledge Fluency in English;
- Experience working with individuals from diverse professional backgrounds to deliver on specific tasks or projects;
- Knowledge of UNICEF and UN language, protocols, branding and design standards;
- Available to attend meetings and consultations at HQ in New York City, USA at own expense;
- Flexibility to conduct phone or Skype interviews with UNICEF staff or partners in other time zones in Latin America, Africa or Asia at their availability;
- Ability to work with minimal daily supervision and exercise sound judgment in meeting deadlines.
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P-11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at https://www.unicef.org/about/employ/index_53129.html) to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Adolescent Kit” by 15 September 2013, 5:00pm EST. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
In the selection of its staff, UNICEF is committed to gender balance and diversity without distinction as to race, sex or religion, and without discrimination of persons with disabilities: well qualified candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.