If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a temporary appointment for Emergency and Reporting Officer (P-1), UNICEF Yangon, Myanmar
Please see Terms of Reference
- University degree in one of the following fields: social sciences, public administration, law, international relations or other related disciplines.
- At least two years of relevant professional work experience at the national and/or international levels in programme/project development, planning, implementation, monitoring.
Training / experience in humanitarian principals / CCC / and knowledge of Myanmar context and conflict sensitive approach highly desirable.
- Fluency in English (oral and writing)
Competency Profile (For details on competencies please refer to UNICEF Professional Competency Profiles.)
i) Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [I]
• Working with People [II]
• Drive for Results [II]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Planning and Organizing [I]
• Adapting and Responding to Change [II]
• Coping with Pressure and Setbacks [II]
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send a UN Personal History Form P11 and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to receive applications 23 August 2013.
The duration of the temporary appointment is 364 days.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.