If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultancy Analysis of Policies and Reforms Affecting the Situation of Children in Albania.
Please see Terms of Reference
Demonstrated experience of the Consultant (or institution/organization) to conduct high-quality research and analysis (both qualitative and quantitative) in a timely manner
- Proven skills of the researcher (or research team members) in socio-economic analysis, interpretation of statistical data, utilization of qualitative research methods, identification and articulation of socio-cultural and political factors
- Experience in public policy analysis (in terms of both design and implementation, at central and local levels)
- Close familiarity with various frameworks of causal analysis
- Ability to articulate the theory of change (from governance interventions to outcomes for children) in a particular national context
- Solid record of publications (individual or as an organization)
- Good facilitation skills and demonstrated experience of conducting participatory research
- Excellent writing skills in English
Interested individuals and institutions are requested to submit:
- Letter of interest presenting the reasons why the individual applicant (or institution/organization) is deemed well suited for the assignment
- Curriculum Vitae of the individual (or staff) expected to work on the assignment
- List of (and web-links to) relevant research products/publications produced by the applicant (or institution/organization)
- Scanned copies of legal/statutory documents of the organization (in case of the institutional application)
- Fee estimate based on the man/day costing unit
Application procedure and selection criteria:
Applications should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org, copied to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read: Application to conduct the Analysis of Policies and Reforms Affecting the Situation of Children in Albania. The candidates should send a UN Personal History Form (P11).
The deadline for applications is August 31, 2013 (inclusive).
The consultant(s) will be selected based on their previous relevant experience, individual credentials, composition of the team who will conduct the research (in case the application is submitted by an institution), strength of the arguments explaining the suitability of the applicant(s) for the job and reasonability of the budget estimate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.