If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks an Education & Peacebuilding Specialist. For more information, see the attached Terms of Reference.
Expected background and Experience
· Advanced university degree in social sciences, international development, peace and conflict studies, public policy or other related field;
· Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience at national and international levels in peacebuilding, conflict resolution, social cohesion, and conflict sensitivity. Field experience in these areas is a requirement;
· Experience working on education highly desirable;
· Experience in programme design and management;
· Experience working with political, development, and humanitarian actors and the related necessary linkages regarding peacebuilding work in practice;
· Experience in the provision of training in conflict analysis, conflict sensitivity, and peacebuilding;
· Experience in facilitating of multi-stakeholder processes;
· Fluency in English is required. Any other language depending on the context.
· Experience working in southeast Asia region is desirable.
· Communicate effectively to varied audiences, including with national partners on politically sensitive issues;
· Strong presentation, facilitation, and training skills;
· Set high standards for quality of work and consistently achieve project goals;
· Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment in volatile environments with a high level of stress;
· Able to analyze and integrate quickly potentially conflicting numerical, verbal and other data from a number of sources.
· Able to handle complex programme arrangements, multiple approaches to be integrated, in challenging, fragile, and quickly changing environments.