If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a learning and/or educative Institution for Capacity Development for Nutrition and Agriculture Linkage in Sub Saharan Africa.
Please see Terms of Reference
The contracted firm will be a learning and/or educative institution with an international track record in the linkage of Agriculture and Nutrition. The team members should demonstrate their experience and expertise in training, education and adult learning techniques. Work in the field of nutrition and food security would be an advantage.
• Advanced University degree in nutrition, public health, agriculture, rural development, related field or equivalent study in Social Sciences.
b) Work experience
• The team leader should have the knowledge and required skills for organization, coordination, monitoring, and financial management of all the activities and excellent report writing skills.
• At least 10 years of professional experience in the Nutrition and /or Public health field.
• Solid international working experience in training, education and adult learning.
• Experience on collecting information from multiple sources, selecting the most reliable data sources, analyzing.
• Experience in developing advocacy package and technical briefs for advocacy and communication puposes.
• Sound experience in working, drafting and reviewing scientific publications.
• Previous experience in international development and public health.
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• Excellent written and spoken English and French for the team members who will work for Burundi and Rwanda.
• Excellent analytical thinking, writing and communication skills.
• Ability to work under light supervision and experience in gathering and compilation of sound information from diverse sources.
• Good analytical, inter personal communication and advocacy skills.
• Computer and writing skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
e) Personal characteristics
• Proactive with the ability to focus on solutions.
• Good analytical skills.
• Good interpersonal skills.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send technical proposal and financial proposal have to be submitted in two different envelopes to:
United Nations Children's Fund
PO BOX 44145
Nairobi 00100 Kenya
For additional information, please contact our Procurement/Supply officer Mr Timothy Wasilwa, email: email@example.com . The deadline to receive applications is 28 June 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.