If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant to develop Rapid SMS System in Sierra Leone
Please see Terms of Reference
It is required that the project coordinator has at least 5 years (equivalent of P3 level) of experience with demonstrated results in the majority of the following areas:
• Innovative uses of mobiles for development, particularly in the areas of data and health.
• Identifying a baseline, and measuring improvements in coverage and uptake, geographic expansion, etc.
• Training experience
• Programme communication / Communication for Development experience
• Background experience with the UN, especially UNICEF is desirable
It is required that the consultant has:
• Demonstrated communication and relationship building skills
• Good oral and written presentation skills
• Experience in creating spaces and environments that are conducive to team participation and effective coordination
• Proven capacity to work with and lead collaborative teams across different locations and with different technical skills
• Experience in budgeting and coordinating large scale projects
• Clear upward communication and management skills
• Knowledge of Sierra Leone operational context and readiness to travel.
• Fluency in English.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send a P11, CV, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with quoting “Application for The Introduction of RapidSMS in Sierra Leone” by 4 June 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.