If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant to undertake Study on Primary Education Quality and Management.
Please see Terms of Reference
The Consultant should possess:
• Advanced university degree in Education, Social Policy, Social Science or equivalent
• Extensive experience and skills in rights-based, inclusive, equity-focused education research, analysis, and policy advocacy
• Substantive overall understanding of education development trends, especially at primary level and ability to present related issues clearly both to a general and a specialist audience
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective teams and working relationships, both within and outside the work place
• Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications;
• Previous working experience with UNICEF education programmes will be an asset
The consultant will also have demonstrated competence in:
• Analytical report writing
• Capacity development of government counterparts, including facilitation of structured group work and individual coaching and mentoring activities
• Effective inter-personal relations and cross-cultural skills
• Effective communication skills in English language
Note: Myanmar language competence will be advantageous.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send a P11, CV, and an Expression of Interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 June 2013. Here is the full TOR for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.