If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks an Education in Emergencies Consultant.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Masters or Advanced Degree in a related subject area;
• At least five (5) years progressively more responsible professional experience in education in the humanitarian/post-conflict sector;
• Demonstrated experience in emergency education programming, including experience with appeals, solution oriented programme management skills and capacity development/training;
• Some exposure to/knowledge of UNICEF work in education in the humanitarian/post-conflict sector directly or as a partner;
• Proven experience in providing operational, sector-specific guidance and the ability to influence a wide range of actors;
• Experience in event coordination and roll-out of capacity development packages;
• Excellent communication and writing skills (particularly in English);
• Additional UN Language (particularly French or Arabic) will be an advantage.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please send a P11, CV, cover letter, one-two recent examples of written work, to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Consultant: Education in Emergencies Support” by 17 May 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.