If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant to lead the evolution of a number of inter-agency child protection applications such as CP IMS (Child Protection Information Management System), GBV IMS (Gender-based Violence Information Management System) and CP MRM (Child Protection Monitoring and Reporting Mechanism).
Please see Terms of Reference
• 5-10 + years systems analysis experience in a non-profit setting and/or in the international development field, including with a UN agency.
• Exposure to and awareness of the systems development life cycle, structured analysis, design and programming techniques, web-based tools / solutions, system utilities and development tools, application software packages, and PC-based packages used in development or support of production systems.
• University degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or Master’s Degree in legal or social sciences or related field; technical knowledge in fields related to child rights and child protection.
• Exposure to web based Knowledge Management and Intranet applications.
• Ability to quickly develop a sound understanding of the processes performed by UNICEF functional areas, both at Headquarters, Regional and Country Office levels.
• Experience working with a wide variety of stakeholders and capturing of requirements in an inter-agency setting.
• Ability to conduct requirements gathering exercises and produce associated documentation in appropriate formats.
• International experience is highly desirable.
• Knowledge and understanding of human rights and humanitarian protection, especially related to children.
• Experience in a multi-cultural and gender sensitive work environment.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work with a team as well as independently in a multi-cultural environment.
This contract will be for 11 months subject to satisfactory probationary period and is renewable subject to adequate funding being available.
Applications submitted without a monthly rate will not be considered.
A physician’s certificate of good health and proof of health insurance coverage must be provided by the selected candidate prior to commencement of work.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Consultant, Business Analyst Child Protection Systems” by 28 March, 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily (or monthly) rate will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.