If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant in Adolescents in emergency and peace building contexts.
Please see Terms of Reference
• An advanced degree in social sciences with a technical focus in the areas of education, human rights, and/or international development;
• At least eight years’ relevant experience in contributing to and advancing issues related to adolescents and human rights, especially as pertaining to adolescents;
• Strong knowledge of new research and knowledge on adolescents in emergencies, including best programmatic practices;
• Strong knowledge of and experience working on gender equity, especially as pertaining to adolescents;
• Experience working on child and/or adolescent development programmes in emergencies;
• Demonstrated experience and expertise working on education programmes for adolescents. (Experience with Life Skills Education Programmes a plus);
• Experience working with individuals from diverse professional backgrounds to deliver on specific tasks or projects;
• Demonstrated track record in report writing, documentation and publication;
• Knowledge of UNICEF and UN language, protocols, branding and design standards;
• Ability to work with minimal daily supervision and exercise sound judgment in meeting deadlines.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Consultant, Adolescents in emergency and peacebuilding contexts/ADAP” by 05 April, 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.