If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant to provide strategic guidance, analysis, and programmatic advice on policy and advocacy related to UNICEF’s urban programmes and initiatives.
• Master’s degree required/PhD preferred in at least one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: urban planning, international urban development, development economics, social policy, evaluation or other fields relevant to urban policy and sustainable urbanization. Experience in the areas of basic service delivery (i.e. public health, education, sanitation) and climate change adaptation in urban areas is also an advantage.
• Minimum 7 years of professional work experience at the national and international levels in urban development, urban planning, programming, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and/or managing of urban programmes as well experience in policy analysis. Professional work experience in a managerial position, or a technical expert position in urban issues preferred.
• Fluency in English required. Fluency in French, Spanish or another UN language is considered an additional strength.
• Current knowledge of urban policy, advocacy, and development issues and strategies as well as excellent knowledge of urban inequities;
• Strong field experience working with urban populations and federations of the urban poor;
• Experience working with municipalities to develop sustainable policies that have demonstrated results for the urban poor;
• Ability to develop and facilitate training on policy frameworks;
• Proven analytical, communication, negotiation, and advocacy skills;
• Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form;
• Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications;
• Experience working within a highly results-oriented non-profit, and/or municipality required and prior work experience with the United Nations preferred.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P11 form to email@example.com with subject line “Urban Policy Consultants” by April 12, 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.