If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant to provide service for the design work including proofing, checking, adjusting for design consistency and revisions on the six 2012 global thematic reports.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Bachelor's degree required preferably in graphic design or related field.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience required in the graphic design field.
• Expertise in designing and formatting in Microsoft Word and ability to do conversions to a PDF file with live links.
• Designer needs to work on a PC or virtual PC and Microsoft Word version 2007 or later. Be able to open docx file.
• Convert photos as needed to correct color space and place in the layout. Color correction and cropping as needed.
• Be able to work with Word graphs, charts, tables, text boxes, pull quotes, and endnotes styles that match the template.
• Maintain consistency with the original template.
• Liaise with Project Coordinator and Printer.
• Troubleshooting skills.
• Designer should submit a few designed Word document samples.
• Working experience and knowledge of UNICEF publications and standards needed.
• Available on short notice and track record of timely delivery.
• Consultant expected to work remotely and to be available for discussions as needed.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Consultant, Global Thematic Funding Report Designer” by March 25, 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.