If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant for the Mapping of Education Options for Out-of-school children in Tajikistan.
Please see Terms of Reference
Within this initiative UNICEF Country Office in Tajikistan is looking for an international consultant that has an extensive experience in revision and improvement of the national school curriculum as well as extensive knowledge in LSBE in its wider context.
• Advanced degree in relevant field, preferably education or social sciences.
• A minimum of 3 years professional experience at the national or international level in relevant field, preferably in alternative learning programmes.
• Strong background in education policy and systems development; 2-3 major publications an asset.
• Ability to work in difficult international environments; previous experience of working in CEE/ CIS countries or transition countries is an asset.
• Ability to work in a team and as a team leader
• Excellent analytical and report writing skills
• Familiarity with UNICEF’s mission and mandate an asset.
• Work experience with vulnerable groups, familiarity with equity issues, education planning for out-of-school children, particularly children with disabilities
• High proficiency in English; knowledge of Russian and/or Tajik highly desirable;
• Work experience with UNICEF is beneficial; knowledge of UNICEF policies and strategies;
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a Letter of interest, CV, P11 form and references from previous consultancies to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of 22 March 2013.In their Letter of Interest, candidates should highlight previous work experience relevant to the assignment, the attributes that make them suitable, their proposed approach to the assignment, their anticipated fee per w/d for the consultancy work and the payment schedule. Links to any relevant publications and any other relevant documentation can be included.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.