If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Representative, P-5, Rabat, Morocco.
Under general supervision by the Regional Director, the incumbent will:
• Be responsible for overall development, formulation, conception and management of UNICEF Country Programme of Cooperation (Medium to large size CO), approved by the Executive Board.
• Represent the Executive Director in all aspects of UNICEF's co-operation with the Government/Country Office. Collaborate as part of the UNCT in this regard.
• Be accountable for the formulation and management of the UNICEF Country Programme of Co-operation, as approved by the Executive Board.
• Be accountable for UNICEF's advocacy with the government and other partners for the enhancement of the survival, protection, development and participation of children and women in national development efforts.
• Be responsible for all aspects of office management of the UNICEF country office.
• Support implementation of the UNICEF supported emergency programme, ensuring that the Situation Analysis and EPRP are regularly updated.
• Participate in organizational and institutional initiatives to strengthen UN Coherence. Ensure that joint programming (including joint programmes) and common services are achieved to the extent possible.
• Provide policy support, guidance and advocacy on the development and establishment of common services arrangements agreed to by participating organizations/agencies at the country level. To ensure that these joint operational arrangements, assist UNICEF in its objective to provide efficient and economical support services to the implementation of the country programme.
• Provides policy support, guidance and advocacy as required in emergency situations and other humanitarian programme implementation. Collaborate as part of the UNCT in this regard.
• Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Government, Public Administration, Public Policy, Social Policy, Social Development, Community Development, or other relevant disciplines.
• Ten years of relevant professional work experience. Experience in programme/ projects management and building strategic alliances and partnerships/resource mobilization.
• International and Developing country work experience and field work experience.
• Background/familiarity with Emergency.
• Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming in UNICEF.
• Integration and synthesis of various programme activities in accordance with professional practices and UNICEF programme policy, procedures and guidelines.
• Expert knowledge of advanced concepts in primary discipline, with a broad knowledge of related disciplines, in-depth knowledge of relevant organizational policies and procedures.
• Building strategic alliances and partnerships/Resource mobilization: leverages the larger resources of national governments and other development partners.
• Fluency in French and English. Arabic an asset
• Middle Income Country with opportunities for reform that can benefit children.
• Large disparities and child protection issues
• Medium size office with the majority of staff nationals - 6 international 24 Nationals.
• High level policy work influencing systems reforms
• An environment of UN coherence
Previous experience as a Representative or in a managerial role (e.g. Deputy Representative or Chief, Field Office) with experience in MIC or large countries and in a complex environment. Previous experience in communication/advocacy is an asset. In particular:
• Strong experience in up-stream social policy (as Morocco is a middle-income country and the programme is shifting). The candidate must also have strengths in programming, evaluation and information management to support a Government in need of high level technical expertise in UNICEF's focus areas.
• The Representative must be able to lead, motivate and attract the best (national professionals and GS staff). The capacity to strategize / manage and "achieve"; develop staff and at the same time deliver on “hands on" work.
• Strong preference for up-stream social policy experience. Capacity to have a vision be dynamic/creative to ensure smooth MIC transition and to catalyze other agencies and UNICEF offices in the region. Capacity to work collaboratively with MIC and Regional Office on joint initiatives.
• Political savvy and good hands on experience of development issues. Knowledge of emergency/recovery issues.
• Capacity to ensure high level representation/communication/advocacy.
• Experience in UN coherence .
• Fund-raising and resource mobilization skills to sustain current level or resources.
This is a re-advertisement. As this post was advertised in the SSRRE 2013, kindly also refer to the tour of duty criteria and flexibility as stipulated in the guidelines for the SSRRE 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.