If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant to strengthen UNICEF’s capacity to respond to child protection needs in humanitarian crises in line with the core corporate commitments (CCCs) for children.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced university degree in Human Rights, Law, Social Work, International Development, Human Resources Management, or a related field.
• Over 10 years of progressively responsible, professional work experience on CP at the international level, including a strong background on child protection in emergencies (conflict and/or disaster) and child protection in emergencies competency framework.
• Knowledge of the IASC humanitarian cluster approach.
• Excellent skills in written English language, interpersonal communication at a distance and collaborative project management.
• Excellent knowledge of the UNICEF child protection programme strategic direction, child protection and gender based programming in emergencies and the CCCs.
• Ability to conduct technical assessments of candidates for child protection sector assignments; and surge roster management.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
• Fluency in English and another UN language.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and signed P11 form to email@example.com with subject line “Technical review of child protection roster consultancy” by 08th March 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability, and daily or monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily or monthly rate will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.