If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Consultant to provide technical support to UNICEF country offices and governments to identify communities with most un-immunized children, the reasons for these inequities, and develop plans to address and monitor these inequities in pilot areas.
Please see Terms of Reference.
• Advanced university degree (Medicine and Public Health)
• At least ten years of experience of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels on immunization.
• Relevance of technical expertise with regard to implementing programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for sectoral programmes, with knowledge of UNICEF immunization programme guidelines and financial, supply and administrative rules an advantage.
• Demonstrated experience providing immunization advice to governments.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships with both headquarters and field staff.
• Ability to speak and understand official language of the country – English, French and/or Portuguese.
A consultant, with expertise in public health specifically in immunization, and knowledge of how UNICEF works at the country level with governments, is sought.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and P11 form to email@example.com with subject line “Consultant, Immunization Experts, Equity Focus” by Monday, 11 February 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.