If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a consultant, with solid experience of at least ten years at the senior level of responsibility in public health specifically in measles, rubella and immunization, experience monitoring vaccination activities at the national and international level, in advocacy and resource mobilization for immunization, and knowledge of how UNICEF and WHO work at the country level with governments.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced university degree (Medicine and Public Health)
• At least ten years of experience of professional work experience at national and international levels in management, monitoring and evaluation on Measles, rubella, Meningitis, Yellow Fever, other vaccines preventable diseases, and on routine immunization.
• Demonstrated experience providing measles/rubella advice to governments.
• Relevance of technical expertise with regard to implementing programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies for sectoral programmes, with knowledge of UNICEF immunization programme guidelines, and financial, supply and administrative rules an advantage.
• Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, including scientific publications and presentations on vaccine-preventable diseases.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships with both headquarters and field staff.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form to email@example.com with subject line “Immunization, Measles and Rubella Expert /HEALTH SECTION” by 11 January 2013. Please indicate your ability, availability and daily/monthly rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily/monthly rate will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.