If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Disaster Management Consultant to support national and local authorities in conducting disaster risk and vulnerability assessments.
Please see Terms of Reference
• Advanced university degree in disaster management, social sciences or related field.
• Specialized training in disaster risk reduction highly desirable.
• Five to ten (5-10) years progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in disaster management, including risk mitigation.
• Current knowledge of global developments and trends in disaster risk management.
• Knowledge and experience in the planning, development and implementation of disaster risk management programmes.
• Previous experience in designing and facilitating risk assessments, especially at the sub-national or community-level.
• Knowledge of the Southern and Eastern Europe region.
• Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage activities within the framework of organisational and government programmes.
• Good analytical, communication and writing skills.
• Ability to work in an international or multicultural and team environment and develop partnerships.
• Knowledge of range of computer applications.
• Ability to work under minimum supervision and to focus on timely delivery of results.
• Fluency in English language required. Knowledge of local languages a plus
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form to email@example.com with subject line “Disaster Risk Consultant” by 16 December 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.