If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Temporary Appointee, People that Deliver Executive Manager, P-4, Copenhagen, Denmark.
Please see Terms of Reference
• First university degree from a recognised academic institution in one or more of the following areas is preferred: Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Management, International Economics, Engineering, International Development, Contract/Commercial Law, or areas directly related to logistics operations or UNICEF programme areas. Demonstrated professional work experience and understanding of relevant functions may be considered in lieu of a university degree, preferably combined with credited courses or certifications from relevant professional bodies in supply chain management, procurement, contracting or logistics.
• Minimum eight years of relevant experience in human resource for health systems, supply chain management and/or major health partnerships/initiatives focused on developing countries health systems
• Proven conceptual understanding of and strong practical experience in supporting institutionalization and sustainability within developing country health programs – especially as related to supply chain management and/or human resources
• Proven experience leading or managing multi-stakeholder initiatives, preferably in early stages of development
• Experience in development programmes; a mix of field and headquarters postings are advantageous
• Knowledgeable about relevant global health agencies (e.g., donors, technical agencies, implementing partners and NGOs) working in supply chain management and/or human resources for health
• Fluency in English. Second UN language is an advantage.
If you have got experience of working in a similar capacity and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, please submit a cover letter, CV, and signed P11 form to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “People that Deliver Executive Manager, P4, TA” by 12 December 2012.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.