Identify a Technology for Development (Tech4Dev) Specialist to support UNICEF Country Offices’ work on innovative projects for disabled individuals. Specifically, ‘programabilities’: teaching modern and in-demand programming skills using open source programming languages.
These pilot ‘programabilities’ projects will have a very specific focus, and day-to-day support needs. The identified consultant will need to respond to daily queries and create documents for scaling the projects to other areas (geographical and programmatic).
For more information, see the attached Terms of Reference.
Skills and previous experience:
- Understanding of disabilities issues.
- Knowledge of and experience with international development.
- 1-2 years of experience working with Information and Communications Technology (ICT) projects and policy.
- Ability to coordinate and effectively communicate with multiple organizations.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- Prior work with children-focused projects.
- Experience with open source technology.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV and United Nations Personal History (P-11) form to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Technology for Disabilities Consultancy” by 27th of October 2011.
Please indicate your ability, availability and daily rate to undertake the terms of reference above. Applications submitted without a daily rate will not be considered.