New resource on MARA and HIV
A new resource on the Most-at-Risk Adolescents (MARA) and HIV is now available. Please, visit http://www.unfpa.org/hiv/iatt and by clicking on "MARA Consultation" on the menu on the left, you will have access to :
- The Report from Consultation on Strategic Information and HIV Prevention among Most-at-Risk Adolescents, which describes the information shared and outcomes of the consultation, including:
- An overview of global monitoring and evaluation frameworks and available guidance for data collection
- Population Size Estimation (PSE) methodologies
- Meeting outcomes including actionable next steps identified by the participants to be taken at national, regional and global level to strengthen the evidence base, increase political commitment to MARA and improve programming linkages across sectors.
- Research Toolkit for Data Collection amongst Most at-Risk Adolescents. A key starting point for the meeting was the recent baseline research and ongoing programming carried out by UNICEF in the Central and Eastern Europe/Commonwealth of Independent States (CEE/CIS) region, in collaboration with the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). Valuable experience has been gained and a number of tools have been developed. This Toolkit brings these resources together under one umbrella.
- Consultation presentations and resources, including the LSHTM work and country experiences presented by Ukraine, Brazil, Philippines, Pakistan, Serbia and Romania.
More information is available at: www.unicef.org