Internal/External Vacancy Announcement: No. VN/PBR/2014/12 - Budget Officer - NOAPost: Budget Officer
Duty Station: Kampala
Under the supervision of the Planning Specialist, the person will be responsible for the monitoring and management of a large country office’s budget of five years for over US$ 125 million.
§ Allocate new and existing programme funds in VISION to programmes as per the planning instructions; reallocate funding to other budget years.
§ Monitor budget execution including DCTs and unposted vouchers and external expenditures.
§ Monitor PBA execution expiration dates, salary CRQs and % of budget execution, requisition obligated and expenditure and report on status regularly.
§ Prepare management indicators reports, DCT reports and the operations quarterly reports.
§ Participate in yearend closure of accounts by monitoring requisitions and raise the OBOs.
§ Open budget in new year and establish planning outline.
§ Register new partner in VISION.
§ As the system application administrator, monitor and maintain the ToA and DAT updated. Interact with programme staff to develop and provide guidance on sectoral financial monitoring and control systems (e.g. Table 1), and periodically check their consistency with VISION generated reports; for consistency in allocations and expenditure status
§ Act as focal point for the handling of all queries from headquarters, regional/country offices and Uganda based staff, regarding programme budget, funding commitments and donor contributions
§ Provide cost estimate to sections on IP staff cost and raise salary cost distributions
§ Provides information on allotment accounts and availability of funds; advises and updates allotment lists
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Attributes
§ University degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or a related field.
§ Two years professional work experience in budget management and monitoring its execution.
§ Experience in managing system operations of the organization and producing budget status report.
§ Fluency in English is required and strong written and verbal communications skill therein strongly desirable.
§ Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
§ Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results Functional Competencies (Required): Formulating Strategies and Concepts; Analyzing Applying Technical Expertise; Learning and Researching; Planning and Organizing
1. ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered
2. UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
3. Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
4. If applications are sent by email, please clearly indicate the position applied for and use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_MukasaApplication.
5. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
6. Candidates who are interested in more than one post should indicate them in order of priority/preference.
Closing date for applications is 12 September 2014.
Human Resource Specialist, UNICEF Kampala, Uganda, Plot 9, George Street, PO Box 7047, Kampala Uganda
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org