Vacancy Announcement No. VN/ 2014/07 - Senior Executive Assistant - GS 6
Post Title: Senior Executive Assistant
Grade: GS 6
Duty Station: Kampala
Type of Contract and duration: Fixed-Term Appointment (One year with possible extension)
Purpose of the post:
Under the supervision of the Head of Office, the incumbent performs secretarial and administrative functions including: makes appointments and maintains the head of office’s calendar; receives high-ranking visitors; receives, screens, logs and routes correspondence; attaches necessary background information and maintains follow-up system; answers queries with discretion; prepares briefing materials; takes charge of protocol matters involving high ranking visitors to the head of office; makes travel arrangements; participates in and takes minutes of meetings as requested; selects and makes pertinent abstracts and undertakes searches for information; maintains policy of confidentiality; responsible for management of electronic and other files; keeps contacts of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps; prepare informal translations and may act as interpreter.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
1. Completion of secondary education supplemented by a diploma in secretarial studies; proven shorthand and typing ability; thorough knowledge of modern office procedures/equipment.
2. Six to seven years secretarial experience, some of which should be at a senior secretarial level.
3. Demonstrated experience in working with the Head of a big Office.
4. Capability to draft a variety of correspondence
5. Organizational and modern office management
6. Computer literacy and protocol required.
7. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
8. Excellent knowledge of English.
9. Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity
10. Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results
11. Functional Competencies (Required): Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Following instructions and Procedures, Planning and Organizing [II]
1. ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered
2. UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
3. Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
4. E-mail applications; please use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_MukasaApplication.
5. UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
6. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 28 April 2014. Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist, UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street, PO Box 7047, Kampala Uganda
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org