Vacancy Notice No. VN/2014/04 - Senior Executive Assistant
Post Title: Senior Executive Assistant
Grade: GS 6
Duty Station: Kampala
Type of Contract and duration: Temporary Appointment (One year)
Purpose of the post:
Under the supervision of the Head of Office, the incumbent performs secretarial and administrative functions including: makes appointments and maintains the head of office’s calendar; receives high-ranking visitors; receives, screens, logs and routes correspondence; attaches necessary background information and maintains follow-up system; answers queries with discretion; prepares briefing materials; takes charge of protocol matters involving high ranking visitors to the head of office; makes travel arrangements; participates in and takes minutes of meetings as requested; selects and makes pertinent abstracts and undertakes searches for information; maintains policy of confidentiality; responsible for management of electronic and other files; keeps contacts of ministers, government officials and members of the diplomatic corps; prepare informal translations and may act as interpreter.
Required Qualifications, competencies and attributes
- Completion of secondary education supplemented by a diploma in secretarial studies; proven shorthand and typing ability; thorough knowledge of modern office procedures/equipment.
- Six to seven years secretarial experience, some of which should be at a senior secretarial level.
- Demonstrated experience in working with the Head of a big Office.
- Capability to draft a variety of correspondence.
- Organizational and modern office management.
- Computer literacy and protocol required.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent knowledge of English.
- Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity.
- Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results.
- Functional Competencies (Required): Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Following instructions and Procedures, Planning and Organizing [II].
- ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered.
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- E-mail applications; please use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 20 February 2014. Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist, UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street, PO Box 7047, Kampala Uganda
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org