Vacancy Notice No. VN/2014/03 - Child Protection Officer (Identification and Registration)
Post Title: Child Protection Officer (Identification and Registration)
Duty Station: Kampala
Type of Contract and duration: Fixed Term (One year with possible extension)
Purpose of the post:
Under the guidance of the Child Protection Specialist-Identification & Registration, the incumbent will assist in for the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the Birth and Death Registration programme within the Child Protection Programme; provide technical support to the Country office, programme partners and the Government for the acceleration and technical content of birth and death registration activities; assist in development of appropriate communication and information strategy to support and advocate programme development for the approval of BDR policy strategy; work closely with other programme sectors supporting the section to ensure linkages across sectors in programming for vulnerable children and prepare programme/project status reports annual reports.
Required Qualifications, competencies and attributes
- University degree in the social sciences, law or related technical field.
- Two years of progressively relevant professional work experience at the national level in programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Child Protection Programmes or related field.
- Knowledge of the latest developments and technology in related fields.
- Negotiating, advocacy, and communication skills.
- Leadership and teamwork abilities.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
- Fluency in English is required and strong written and verbal communications skill therein strongly desirable.
- Core Values (Required): Commitment; Diversity and Inclusion; Integrity.
- Core Competencies (Required): Communication; Working with People; Drive for Results.
- Functional Competencies (Required): Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Applying Technical Expertise, Relating and Networking, Deciding and initiating action.
- ONLY Ugandan Nationals will be considered.
- UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications will be considered only if accompanied by an updated CV and P11 form, as well as the most recent performance evaluation report.
- E-mail applications; please use this order to name your file attachments: Firstname_Lastname followed by document e.g. Gold_MukasaP11 or Gold_MukasaCV or Gold_MukasaApplication.
- UNICEF is a smoke free environment.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for applications: 20 February 2014. Applicants interested in the above position should send their resume to:
Human Resource Specialist, UNICEF Kampala, Uganda,
Plot 9, George Street, PO Box 7047, Kampala Uganda
Via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org