There are many pathways to learning. By taking a child-friendly approach, we can encourage active learning and support children's differing learning styles.
One way to provide such a learning environment is to engage children in authentic research projects. The following modules give teachers a ready process to conduct such research with their students.
The modules progress from classroom and school grounds to the community level. Along the way How-to pages and Case Studies are available.
Begin with the Teacher's Guide, then move through the modules. All related pages are linked to each module. To jump to a specific page, use the navigation links at the bottom of each page.
- Teacher's Guide
- - Rationale and overview for facilitating learning
- Module 1
- - Investigating and Redesigning the Classroom
- Module 2
- - Assessing and Improving the School Grounds
- Module 3
- - Identifying and Surveying Community Problems
- Case Studies
- - Examples of projects conducted by children
How-to / Help Pages