Results for children
Key results for WASH by 2015
- Supporting key ministries departments and agencies to develop a resource mobilization strategy for School WASH to ensure sustained availability of resources and provide Water, Sanitation and Hygiene in all schools of Tanzania, especially the most under-served areas in addition to UNICEF’s concerted resource mobilization efforts in this area.
- Providing direct support to enable over 40,000 children to obtain equitable access to water, sanitation and hygiene services in their schools.
- Supporting roll out and operationalisation of School WASH guidelines and development of monitoring system to ensure all schools in the country are implementing the same School WASH Standards.
- Collaborating with partners, other development partners and implementation of a national communication and advocacy strategy for School WASH.
- Ensuring a harmonized approach for sanitation and hygiene and national dissemination of the Sanitation and Hygiene policy.
- Health promotion strategies developed and evidence based communication programmes relating to WASH behaviours implemented.
- Supporting the development of the National School WASH programme and plan.
- Supporting the development of the National Sanitation and Hygiene programme and plan.
- Advocating and supporting the reduction of sector disparities through improved sector governance.
- Pre-positioning of essential WASH emergency supplies in strategic locations for rapid deployment during emergencies, including emergency IEC materials.