There are five key operational steps related to purchasing supplies through UNICEF Procurement Services which are highlighted below. The attached Request Form should be used for all new requests. Also available are instruction guidelines to assist you with completing the necessary information. Please submit the Request by email, fax or mail to the UNICEF Country Office and/or directly to UNICEF Procurement Services at email@example.com.
• A new request for Cost Estimate should be discussed between the Partner, Country Office and/or Supply Division.
• Specifications are identified via the UNICEF Supply Catalogue (https://supply.unicef.org).
• Upon receipt of the Request Form, the enquiry is screened and if acceptable, a Cost Estimate is prepared by Supply Division.
• A cover letter accompanies the Cost Estimate with guidance and instruction notes
What is included in the Cost Estimate?
• Cost of Goods/Services
• Handling Fee
• Freight and Insurance
• 10% buffer
• Customer signs Memorandum of Understanding (MOU).
• Customer deposits the funds to UNICEF.
What is included in the MOU?
• Co-operation Agreement
• UNICEF Procurement Services processes
• Terms and Conditions for the transactions
• Validity or termination information for either party
Procurement & Delivery
• Upon receipt of funds and MOU, Supply Division shall expedite the procurement activities.
• Supplies are delivered to the consignee.
• Invoices to supplier(s) and freight forwarder are paid.
• Financial Statement of Accounts is prepared and sent to the partner.
• Remaining buffer can be reprogrammed or returned.
If you have any query please contact us.