If you are a passionate and committed professional and want to make a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF, the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, seeks a Secretary, Executive Board (OSEB) based in New York Headquarters, USA.
To promote a mutually effective relationship between (a) the UNICEF Executive Board and the UNICEF secretariat and (b) between members and organs of the United Nations system and UNICEF on matters relating to Board policy;To ensure that the organization of, preparation for, management and servicing of Executive Board sessions are efficiently and effectively carried out; to maintain a consistently high standard in the preparation and production of internal and external UNICEF reports and documentation that carry the UNICEF acronym.
• Advanced university degree or equivalent in social sciences, sociology, political science, history, international relations and organization, socio-economic development or equivalent.
• Thirteen years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in the areas of development cooperation.
• Thorough knowledge of UNICEF and the United Nations System.
• Extensive experience in implementation of development programmes.
• UNICEF field experience, an asset.
• Demonstrated ability for leadership, and drive for results.
• Ability to forge partnerships, demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive issues with tact and diplomacy.
• Demonstrated ability for negotiation and advocacy.
• Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, plan and organize global conferences, meetings and events.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate ideas effectively in written and oral forms.
• Good presentation skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, excellent team player.
• Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
• Fluency in English and French required.
• Additional language skills an asset.
Extensive period of travel might be required when accompanying Executive Board Members on field visits to regional/country offices.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.