© UNICEF South Sudan/2011/Ohanesian
A group of children play outside of Ebenezer Primary School in Kajo Keji, Central Equatoria.
Over the period 2012–13, the Strategic Communication programme aims to build on the achievements of the previous years to contribute to improving the lives of women and children in South Sudan.
The overall programme result is to ensure that strategic partnerships and systems are fostered for behavioural development and community transformation to advance children’s rights.
To achieve this result, efforts will be made to ensure the implementation of the following:
- Policy makers, media and civil society organisations are engaged to promote key children’s issues.
- Children and youth have increased opportunities and platforms for participation and dialogue on key issues concerning them.
- Networks for social mobilisation and interpersonal communication established at the community level and capacity of stakeholders are strengthened at all levels to enhance child survival and development interventions.
- Vulnerable groups and households have access to information and knowledge on key behavioural practices for emergencies.
- Innovations and new technologies applied to improve and monitor access to information and delivery of services in child survival and development.