South African Early Childhood Development Awards
The South African Early Childhood Development Awards (SAECD Awards) have been in existence since 2003.
The Awards aim to:
- Recognise excellence in the ECD sector;
- Recognise innovations in ECD training methods and practice;
- Recognise best practice;
- Encourage the pursuit of excellence in the sector of ECD.
The Awards are championed by the National Development Agency in partnership with the South African Congress for Early Childhood Development (SACECD), Department of Basic Education (DBE), Department of Social Development (DSD), UNICEF and recently the Department of Health. The Awards take place on an annual basis, provincially and nationally, to recognise best practice and outstanding participation in ECD through the following seven categories:
- Best ECD Centre of the Year
- Best ECD Practitioner of the Year
- Best ECD Programme that supports Babies and Young Children with Disabilities
- Best ECD Trainer of the Year
- Best ECD Publication of the Year
- Best ECD Nutrition Programme of the Year
- Best ECD Non-centre Based Programme of the Year
Entries for the competition are available from 15 August 2016 and will close on 14 October 2016 at 14h00. No late submissions will be accepted and no extensions will be granted. Provincial and national winners stand a chance to win monetary prizes and scholarships.
Download applications here [PDF]
Download provincial information here [PDF]