Danny K visits UNICEF South Africa’s Country Office
© UNICEF/South Africa/2007/Hlatshwayo
Danny K met with Julianna Lindsey, UNICEF Deputy Representative at UNICEF's offices in Pretoria.
Pretoria 16 October 2007 - Danny K, renowned contemporary South African music artist visited UNICEF's Country Office to meet staff and to discuss his future support for UNICEF's work with children in South Africa. Danny would like to work with UNICEF to promote positive messages to young people around issues of violence, HIV and AIDS and the fight against substance abuse, particularly in schools. Danny has a passion for inspiring young people and through an ongoing partnership with UNICEF, he hopes to extend his vision for a healthier, more positive life style for every young people in South Africa.
About Danny K
Danny K has become one of South Africa’s biggest most versatile and accomplished recording artists, unleashing a slew of chart-topping hits and award winning albums becoming a true superstar and household name in South Africa. There simply are not many artists on the African continent as big as Danny K.
A few highlights include:
- First SA musician to perform on the legendary Oprah Winfrey Show in Chicago.
- Multiple nominee and winner at the SAMA (South African Music Awards).
- Numerous other awards including: 2 Consecutive Kids Choice Awards, 4 SAMA nominations, Winner and nominee of Channel O awards for 2006 and 2007, 3 nominations for the 2007 Metro FM Awards,2 Consecutive Crystal Awards (Peoples Choice Awards), You Magazine Award-Best SA Musician, SA STYLE award.
- String of number one, top ten singles and Gold albums in his career.
- Ambassador for Nelson Mandela’s 46664 Campaign to fight Aids in Africa.
- Was voted one of S.A.'s few role models in a First National Bank national survey.
- Establishing his own Record, Production, Publishing and Management Companies.
- A groundbreaking collaborative album with Kwaito (African Hip Hop) star Mandoza titled Same Difference, sold Gold in 2 weeks-enormous numbers in the SA market.
- Toured, double billed and performed in South Africa with the likes of Usher, Craig David, Puff Daddy, Ladysmith Black Mombazo, Eric Benet, Bob Geldof, U2, Queen, Beyonce, Ludacris, Will Smith, Annie Lennox, Christina Aguilera, Deborah Cox, Diana Ross and Michael Bolton.