1. A one-third reduction in under-five death rates.
2. A halving of maternal mortality rates.
3. A halving of severe and moderate malnutrition among the world's under-fives, the elimination of micronutrient disorders, support for breastfeeding by all hospitals and maternity units, and a reduc- tion in the incidence of low birth weight to less than 10%.
4. Achievement and maintenance of at least 90% immunization coverage for infants, and universal tetanus immunization for women in the child-bearing years; the eradication of polio, the elimination of neonatal tetanus, a 90% reduction in measles cases, and a 95% reduction in measles deaths (compared to levels before immunization).
5. Achievement of 80% ORT use and a halving of child deaths caused by diarrhoea.
6. A one-third reduction in child deaths from acute respiratory infections.
7. Basic education for all children and completion of primary education by at least 80% - girls as well as boys.
8. Safe water and sanitation for all families.
9. Acceptance and observance, in all countries, of the Convention on the Rights of the Child.
10. Family planning education and services to be made available to all.