Auction for Action
In partnership with world-renowned designer Kenneth Cobonpue, UNICEF is auctioning off six limited-edition Yoda chairs used by leaders from Canada, Japan, Mexico, the Philippines, Singapore and the United States of America during the APEC 2015 Economic Leaders' Welcome Dinner.
Each chair comes with a special plaque bearing the name of the state leader and a certificate of authenticity from Kenneth Cobonpue. All proceeds from the auction will benefit UNICEF's programmes for children.
- All bidders must be pre-registered in order to get a unique bidder number for the auction.
- To register, download the registration form here.
- Fax or email the completed registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org or (+63 2) 729-4529 / 901-0195 no later than 5:00 pm of 15 December 2015. On-site registration will be accepted on 16 December 2015 at the Kenneth Cobonpue Showroom before 7:00 pm.
- Bidders may bid two ways: by attending the live auction, or via SMS during the live auction.
- Each Yoda chair will have a dedicated mobile number to accept SMS bids. For example, the mobile number to text for the USA chair will be different from the mobile number for the Mexico chair. If a bidder wishes to bid for all six chairs, the bidder will have to text six different mobile numbers during the live auction.
- All registered bidders who will participate via SMS bidding will be sent the list of mobile numbers to text for each of the chairs prior to the auction.
- SMS bidders can access the livestream link to the auction via www.unicef.ph only on 16 December 2015 starting at 6:00 pm.
- The live auction will be held on 16 December 2015 at 7:00 pm at the Kenneth Cobonpue Showroom, G/F, The Residences at Greenbelt, San Lorenzo Tower, Greenbelt, Makati City.
- For more details, call (+63 2) 758-1000.
Terms and conditions:
- The official currency for the auction is the Philippine Peso. Cash, check or credit card payments will be accepted. All check payments should be made payable to UNICEF. All check payments are subject to clearing.
- Buyers may settle their purchase immediately after the live auction.
- Full payment for auction items must be made within seven (7) banking days from the auction. Failure to do so will void the transaction.
- If the buyer is unable to fulfill the transaction, auction organizers reserve the right to award the item to the next highest bidder, or re-auction the item.
- All items may be picked up from the Kenneth Cobonpue Showroom until 21 December 2015.
- Domestic and international shipping can be arranged and will be for the account of the buyer. As costs vary per location, auction organizers will email the buyer on exact costs of shipment.