MONITORING & EVALUATION OFFICER – VANUATU (Fixed Term Appointment)
UNICEF in Vanuatu is seeking to employ a National Officer who under the direct supervision of the Chief of Field Office will provide professional expertise, assistance and capacity strengthening of national and sub national partners in information and data collection, analysis of statistics and data, monitoring & evaluation of programme progress and results, preparation of reports, and facilitation of strategic communication.
- Provide technical support to ensure that the UNICEF Vanuatu Field Office and national partners use a well-prioritised and realistic plan for research, monitoring and evaluation that will inform the management of the UNICEF Vanuatu Country Programme, including tracking and documenting UNICEF’s distinct contribution.
- Provide technical support to ensure that the UNICEF Vanuatu Field Office and national partners have access to timely and accurate information of change in conditions in Vanuatu and the Pacific region. This includes monitoring socio-economic trends and Vanuatu’s wider policy, economic and institutional context, and facilitation of evidence based planning and documentation of the impact of programmes or policies.
- Provide technical support to ensure that the Country Office has access to quality information to assess and document progress towards expected results established in annual work plans of UNICEF.
- Provide technical support to ensure the capacity strengthening of Country Office staff and national partners to increasingly lead and engage in monitoring and evaluation processes.
- Coordinate and support the planning, implementation and monitoring of strategic communication initiatives and partnerships in support of UNICEF Vanuatu’s mission and programmes.
- Coordinate and support timely and high quality reporting on UNICEF Vanuatu’s programme progress.
- University degree in social sciences, development, statistics, communication, marketing, or similar.
- Professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation.
- Two years relevant professional work experience, preferably including exposure to emergency programming.
- Fluency in English and Bislama. Knowledge of French is an asset.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and strong presentation skills.
- Core values: commitment, diversity and inclusion and integrity.
- Core competencies: communication, working with people and drive for results.
- Functional competencies: Formulating strategies and concepts, analysing, applying technical expertise, and planning and organising.
How to Apply
- If you are interested and a national of Vanuatu, please submit the following:
- A cover letter motivating your application and describing how you meet the requirements listed above.
- A UN Personal History Form (P11) and your current Curriculum Vitae (work and education history).
- Your two most recent performance appraisals (Two most recent PER’s for UN staff).
- The names, addresses, emails and phone details of three work related referees.
Applications must be submitted online to email@example.com NO LATER THAN 14 March 2014 and addressed to:
Human Resource Specialist
Vacancy Notice: 2014/004 – M&E Officer
Private Mail Bag
A detailed Job Description and the UN Personnel History Form (P11)
Regret letters will only be sent to short listed candidates. All applications are treated with strict confidentiality
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male Vanuatu nationals, from any religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization