This page provides information about upcoming events, organized by GNC partners. If you wish to submit information on an event for a publication on this web-site, please send the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- event name;
- agency which organises event;
- date and place;
- short description and/or information broshure.
- All upcoming GNC meetings/calls can be found in the calendar here.
- 2013 Annual GNC meeting will be held during the second week of July (8-12.07.2012) in Geneva, Switzerland. It is planned that the meeting will be held during three days with side meetings throughout the week. The precise dates will be announced at later stage, but please for now book the whole week in your calendars. The meeting will take place in Geneva. More information will follow later.
Workshops, Conferences, Forums
- All upcoming GNC supported workshops, conferences and forujs can be found in the calendar here.
- UNICEF International Conference Against Child Undernutrition, Paris, 14-15 May 2013. (Website)
- The Micronutrient Forum will be held in June 2014 in Addis, Ethiopia. It is likely that there will be a call for abstracts in 2013. If you are interested in receiving periodic updates, please register at the website. (Information [PDF], Website)
- International Congress of Nutrition, Granada, Spain, 15-20 September 2013. (Information [DOCX], Website).Travel scholarship are available for scientists and nutrition-advocacy professionals from middle and low-income countries.
- Joint FAO/WHO International Conference on Nutrition (ICN+21), Rome, Italy, 13-15 Nov 2013 (Concept note [PDF], Information [PDF], Website)
For a list of training packages please go to page Training packages.
For the attention of all GNC partners!
Through funding from the GNC, International Medical Corps is facilitating a training for GNC partners in Cluster Coordination and the Humanitarian Approach - April 30, May 1, and May 2, 2013, in Geneva.
Overall aim of the training workshop:
By increasing GNC partners’ understanding of cluster coordination and their role in the Nutrition Cluster, partners can better support both the GNC and their field offices, thereby improving results for the affected population.
Objectives of the workshop:
- To increase the understanding of Cluster Partners on:
importance and impact of Humanitarian Reform and the Cluster Approach at a global and country level
roles, responsibilities and accountabilities of the GNC, Cluster Lead Agencies and Cluster Partners at global and country levels
cluster partner roles in inter-cluster linkages (including Food Security links)
- To strengthen partnerships and commitment from cluster partners at global and country levels
- To identify actions which each partner agency can take to strengthen its strategic participation in both global and country level clusters and coordination
Partners are expected to fund their participation in this training. The organizers will not be able to cover the travel, lodging, and M&EI for anyone attending this training.
If you are interested to attend, Please fill in the registration form [doc] and send it back to IMC (email@example.com) no later than March 28th, 2013