Health Specialist(child Survival) National Officer(NO-C), Location: Kathmandu
United Nations Children's Fund
Nepal Country Office
(Vacancy Notice No. NEPA/2013-1)
UNICEF, the world's leading children's rights organization, has opening for passionate and committed professionals who want to make a lasting difference for children in Nepal. We are seeking people with a commitment for women and children, high drive for results, demonstrable embracing of diversity, integrity, demonstrable teamwork, good self-awareness and self-regulation.
Post Title: Health Specialist (Child Survival)
Post Level: National Officer (NO-C)
Appointment Type: Fixed Term
Post Location: Kathmandu
Duration of Contract: Initially for one year, with possibility of extension subject to good performance and funding availability
Purpose of the post:
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Chief Health, the incumbent is accountable for formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of scaling up cost-effective health system interventions with a focus on child survival with a view to integrating gender equality across all aspects of country programme.
Your profile for the post:
- Advanced university degree in Medicine and/or Public Health, Pediatric Health, or a field relevant to international development assistance in Health.
- Knowledge of latest development and technology in child and neonatal health.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience in programme management, monitoring and evaluation in health related field.
- Specific Knowledge and experience with EPI, IMCI and/or other high impact child survival interventions highly desirable.
- Experience working at national level is an advantage.
- Competencies: Leading & Supervising, Formulating Strategies and Concepts, Analyzing, Relating and Networking, Deciding & Initiating Action, Applying Technical Expertise
- The candidate must be computer literate with professional ability to work with database and must have excellent written and spoken English/Nepali skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity, meet the above profile and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, send your application along with the updated Personal History Form (P-11) quoting vacancy notice number to the following address or Email id.
To download click on the links below:
Personal History Form (P-11)
Detailed Job Description
Applications should be received by 17 February 2013. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
(Vacancy Notice No. : NEPA/2013 –1)
UNICEF-Nepal Country Office, UN House
P.O. Box 1187
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates from minority and indigenous groups particularly women and people with disabilities, are especially encouraged to apply.
*** UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ***