Programme Assistant, General Service (GS-6), Kathmandu
UNICEF, the world's leading children's rights organization, has openings for passionate and committed professionals who want to make a lasting difference for children in Nepal. We are seeking people with a commitment for women and children, high drive for results, demonstrable embracing of diversity, integrity, demonstrable teamwork, good self-awareness and self-regulation.
Vacancy Notice No. NEPA/2012-39:
Post Title: Programme Assistant
Purpose of the post:
Under the supervision of the Chief, Education (P-4), the incumbent performs a variety of information gathering, monitoring, technical and administrative services of moderate scope and difficulty, in support of programme activities.
Your profile for the post:
· Completion of secondary education (Social Science/Management), preferably supplemented by technical or university courses in a field related to the work of the organization will be an advantage.
· Six years of progressively responsible administrative work, of which at least one year closely related to support of programme activities. Knowledge of planning and monitoring.
· Competencies: Analyzing, Planning & Organizing, Following instructions and Procedures, Applying technical expertise
· The candidate must be computer literate with professional ability to work with database and must have excellent written and spoken English/Nepali skills
· Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization.
· Knowledge of rights-based and results-based approach to programming an asset.
If you have experience of working in a similar capacity, meet the above profile and want to make an active and lasting contribution to build a better world for children, send your application along with the updated Personal History Form (P-11) and copies of your last two Performance Evaluation Reports, quoting vacancy notice number to the following address or Email id. Please note only the candidates on a fixed term and permanent appointment are eligible to apply for the post.
Applications should be received by 2 December 2012. Only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
(Vacancy Notice No. : NEPA/2012 -39 )
Email address: email@example.com
UNICEF is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates; Dalits, Janajatis, Madhesis, people with disabilities and particularly women, are especially encouraged to apply.
*** UNICEF IS A SMOKE FREE ENVIRONMENT ***