Real Lives - 2009
Real Lives tells the stories of children in Montenegro and the CEECIS region whose lives have been touched by UNICEF.
Here are the Real Lives stories published by UNICEF Montenegro in 2009.
Juveniles in conflict with the law perform in the theatre play based on their life stories
Prime Minister and UNICEF Representative host a reception for CRC@20
UN CRC printed in Braille alphabet for the first time in Montenegro
Pljevaljski tamburasi promote active fathers
Ulcinj basketball team promotes active fathers
Vukasin Poleksic, famous Montenegrin goal keeper, promotes active fathers
Andrijana Bozovic, famous Montenegrin singer, promotes exclusive breastfeeding in baby friendly maternity ward in Bar
Milos Scepanovic, famous waterpolo player and a spokesperson for the campaign "The Early Years-An Opportunity of a Lifetime" plays waterpolo with children
Being a father is an opportunity of a lifetime - Member of national basketball team, Djuro Ostojic, reads a story to preschool children in the capital
UNICEF and the Ministry of Health start an awareness raising campaign "The Early Years - An Opportunity of a Lifetime"
Ministry Of Justice, Unicef And EC Support Discussions On The First Draft Of Montenegro’s Juvenile Justice Law
School without violence - Creating a safe and protective environment in schools
Rambo Amadeus promotes alternatives to physical punishment
Did you know that...
• About 430 children are placed in 6 institutions in Montenegro
• Proportional to its population, Montenegro’s number of children in institutions is one of the highest figures in the World Health Organization regions of Europe and Central Asia.
• 50 years of research indicate that infants who are placed in institutional care will suffer delays in physical and psychological growth
• Children learn 50% of all they will ever learn in their first year
• They learn another 25% in their second year
• 20% of children in the orphanage in Bijela are under three years old
• Only about 15 children in Bijela do not have a living parent