Field Support Officer (NOA)
UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN'S FUND
JORDAN COUNTRY OFFICE
Vacancy Notice NO. JCO/NO-03/2014
Field Support Officer (NOA)
Temporary Appointment Positions for 364 days
Under the direct supervision of the Field Support Specialist (P3) and in coordination with the Humanitarian Affairs Specialist as necessary, the incumbent will be responsible for administrative and coordination issues related to the management of the Syrian refugee camps in Jordan. Specific tasks will include:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Appropriate and consistent interpretation and application of administrative policy and procedures are timely implemented to support operations at the Syrian refugee locations.
- Support in operations of delivery and improvement in administrative support services are effectively provided in refugee sites.
- Property management of administrative supplies, office equipment and other properties is effectively performed as necessary.
- All administrative transactions satisfy the requirements as stipulated and are in compliance with the applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Effective working relations are established and maintained within the camps and other areas where refugees are present with other agencies and local authorities.
- Deputize for the Field Support Specialist as necessary.
- Oversee staff deployments into and back from the field on a daily basis and offer corrective measures and provide practical solutions for field related bottlenecks. In doing so, ensure that the daily transport schedule is carried out as planned.
- Attend meetings/briefing within Humanitarian Affairs Section and programme staff for direct feedback/discussion as necessary.
- Ensure that UNICEF activities in the field are in line with existing policy guidance, technical standards, and relevant Government human rights legal obligations.
- Under the guidance of Field Support Specialist, contribute to identify core advocacy concerns in the camp including resource requirements, and contribute key messages to broader advocacy initiatives of the UNICEF response to other actors. Support efforts to strengthen the capacity of the national/local authorities and civil society.
- Any special assignments required by the management in regards to quick assessments, in-depth analysis, coordination with key stakeholders, reporting associated with field interventions and working closely with the Supply and Logistics team to oversee the adequate provision of resources.
- Assist the Field Support Specialist to properly maintain adequate office space in the field.
- Provide support in regard to coordination and liaison with other humanitarian actors and government authorities in the camp and other areas on day to day matters related to humanitarian coordination.
- Any other assigned administrative management tasks and services related to the adequate functioning of the Syrian refugee camps are effectively carried out and delivered.
University degree in a related field e.g. social sciences, public administration, law, public health, nutrition, international relations, and business administration. Masters is an asset.
A minimum of one year of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national and international levels in operations, supplies, field coordination, or any other relevant area of work with either the UN and/or NGO in Emergency settings.
Fluency in Arabic and English. Knowledge of another UN working language is an asset.
Foundational Competencies: Communication [II] Working with People [I] Drive for Results [I] Formulating Strategies and Concepts [I] Relating and Networking [I] Persuading and Influencing [I] Applying Technical Expertise [I] Learning and Researching [II] Planning and Organizing [II]
Qualified national candidates are encouraged to apply no later than (11March 2014). Applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements or are received after closing date will not be considered. Acknowledgements will be sent to short-listed candidates. Please send your resume, in English, quoting reference JCO/NO-03/2014 to the following address:
Operations Manager, UNICEF Amman
Fax: 553 8880, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment