WASH Officer (NO-A) three positions
UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN'S FUND
JORDAN COUNTRY OFFICE
WASH Officer (NO-A) three positions
Temporary Appointment for One Year
The United Nations Children’s Fund Jordan Country Office in Amman seeks a qualified and experienced WASH Officer for its WASH Section. The job will focus on the UNICEF Jordan Country Office programme response to the Syrian refugees residing in host communities.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the availability of accurate, complete and up-to-date information required for effective WASH programme and project design, implementation, management, monitoring and evaluation. Five days a week, visit UNICEF-funded WASH activities in host communities, carrying out routine verification of the activities detailed in assigned Project Cooperation Agreements (PCAs).
- Enhance programme efficiency and effectiveness through implementation follow-on, including monitoring UNICEF inputs, local conditions and resources, flow of supply, non-supply and emergency assistance and actions to remove or reduce implementation bottlenecks. Meet with government authorities for briefing and consultations.
- Analyze collected data and information and prepare progress reports; draft changes in WASH project work plans and PCAs and assist in identification of required supplies and equipment. Draft programme documentation, ensuring accuracy and consistency with established rules, regulations and plans of action. .
- Ensure the appropriateness of financial, administrative and supply documentation; verify that WASH programme expenditures are within allotments and that data is consistent with the programme information in VISION. Follow up on queries or initiate corrective action on discrepancies. Collaborate with Monitoring & Evaluation office on maintaining a gender & equity focus in WASH data collection and reporting. Carry out focus group discussions and WASH committee meetings to get feedback from users, both hosts and guests. Report on vandalism and theft.
- Compile WASH programme implementation training and orientation materials to promote knowledge sharing with counterparts, WASH sectoral stakeholders.
- Ensure effective communication and networking developed and maintained through partnership and collaboration.
University degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance. Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication) is an asset. Advanced University degree (Masters) in the same field is preferable.
One year of professional work experience at national and international levels relevant Education programmes. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset. Background/familiarity with Emergency (preparedness and response).
Fluency in English and Arabic
Communication [I], Working with People [II], Drive for Results [II] . Formulating Strategies and Concepts [I ], Analyzing [II], Applying Technical Expertise [ II ], Learning and Researching [ II] , Planning and Organizing [I].
Qualified national candidates are encouraged to apply no later than (10 November 2013). Applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements or are received after closing date will not be considered. Acknowledgements will be sent to short-listed candidates. Please send your resume, in English, quoting reference NO/JCO-11/2013 to the following address:
Operations Manager, UNICEF – Amman, Fax: 553 8880, Email: email@example.com
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment