Communication for Development Officer (NOB)-Re-Advertisement
UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN'S FUND
JORDAN COUNTRY OFFICE
Communication for Development Officer (NOB)
Fixed Term Position
The United Nations Children’s Fund Jordan Country Office based in Amman, seeks a qualified and experienced person for its Communication Section.
Purpose of the Job
Under the general guidance of the supervisor, and in close coordination with the Communication group, the Communication for Development Officer is accountable for technical support and assistance in the design, formulation, management, execution, monitoring and evaluation of a behavioural change and social mobilization strategy, plan of action and programme activities in support of the country programme.
1. Technical support and assistance provided to develop and formulate a C4D strategy and a plan of action, and to manage, facilitate and execute the implementation for social and behavioural change in support of efficient and effective programme delivery.
2. Culturally relevant C4D materials designed, pre-tested, and produced timely, meeting requirements and quality standards.
3. Strong partnerships with community groups, leaders and other partners in the community and civil society developed and enhanced for promotion of participation in social and behavioural changes supportive of programme goals.
4. Effective training materials and activities organized, assisted and implemented to build capacity in participatory and behaviour communication at various government levels.
5. Technical support effectively provided with government counterparts in the development and effective use of communication for social development.
6. Monitoring and evaluation of programme activities and preparation of reports timely and properly undertaken. Findings, experiences, lessons learned, best practices and new methods effectively shared with government officials, programme staff, and other partners.
7. Budget properly planned, monitored and controlled, ensuring allocated funds optimally appropriated.
University degree in the social/behavioural sciences, (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health Education) with emphasis on strategic communication planning for behaviour development, social mobilization, participatory communication, and research. Masters is an asset.
Minimum two years of relevant professional work experience in the planning and management of social development programmes and field work experience is an asset.
Fluency in English and Arabic.
Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity. Core Competencies: Communication [II], Working with People [I], Drive for Results [I] . Functional Competencies: Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ], Relating and Networking [ I ], Persuading and Influencing , Applying Technical Expertise [I], Learning and Researching [I], Planning and Organizing [II
Qualified national candidates are encouraged to apply no later than (04 October 2013). Applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements or are received after closing date will not be considered. Acknowledgements will be sent to short-listed candidates. Please send your resume, in English, quoting reference NO/JCO-008/2013 to the following address:
UNICEF - Amman
Fax: 553 8880
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment