Education Officer (NOB)
UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN'S FUND
JORDAN COUNTRY OFFICE
Vacancy Number NO/JCO-010/2013
Education Officer (NOB)
Temporary Appointment Position – for one year
The United Nations Children’s Fund Jordan Country Office based in Amman, seeks a qualified and experienced person for its Education Section.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Lead the revision, submission and finalization of Project Cooperation Agreements for education activities in the Azraq Camp.
2. Oversee the implementation of activities of signed agreements pertaining the Azraq Camp, including the bi-weekly and quarterly progress reports.
3. Lead education formal, informal and non-formal (remedial education and catch up) education actors /partners in the field to coordinate and facilitate smooth implementation;
4. Coordinate/ monitor and report the implementation of UNICEF’s supported activities on the ground, he/ she will be in charge of monitoring and reporting on the progress of partner activities and ensure effective response of the effectiveness of the implemented activities;
5. Coordinate with the MOE on the recruitment of teachers textbooks teacher training and provision of support to the schools in the camp;
6. Conduct meeting regularly to discuss issues of concern with the school principals, Parents Teachers Associations, and partners;
7. Supervise the educational activities and resolve issues related to accessibility and quality of teaching and learning at the school level;
8. Liaise with logistics and procurement division at UNICEF to procure and deliver needed furniture and other logistics;
9. Participate in all related meetings at the field relating to formal, informal, non-formal education and provide reports and updates on the teaching learning process;
10. Work with MOE, partners, Parents Teachers Association (PTA), religious leaders, camp leaders to maintain zero violence atmosphere in the school by introducing proper interventions to eliminate violence at the schools;
11. Supervise the hiring of the Syrian Assistant teachers volunteers and ensure the deployment process are carried out according to a transparent process;
12. Communicate and continue advocacy with community leaders on issues pertaining to education at the camp;
13. Exercise effective communication and good interpersonal skills with the other Sections- Child protection, Youth and Adolescents, WASH and Health/Nutrition;
14. Follow up on education supplies and its distribution in coordination with relevant team and / or NGO and its reporting and monitoring;
Educational requirements: University degree in Social Sciences, or a related technical field, advanced university degree is an asset.
Work Experience: Two years of progressively professional work experience at national and international levels in field programmes relevant to Education programmes. Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
Language requirement: Fluency in English and Arabic.
Core Values: Commitment, Diversity and Inclusion, Integrity. Core Competencies: Communication [II], Working with People [II], Drive for Results [I] . Functional Competencies: Learning and Researching [II], Formulating Strategies & Concepts [I], Analyzing [II], Planning and organizing [II], Applying Technical Expertise [II]
Qualified national candidates are encouraged to apply no later than (19 September 2013). Applications which do not meet the specified minimum requirements or are received after closing date will not be considered. Acknowledgements will be sent to short-listed candidates. Please send your resume, in English, quoting reference NO/JCO-010/2013 to the following address:
Operations Manager, UNICEF – Amman, Fax: 553 8880, Email: email@example.com
UNICEF is a smoke-free environment