A community health volunteer visits a household to discuss key health practices in the village of Soufroulaye, Mopti Region. She uses a flip chart with pictures for easy understanding.
C4D seeks to accelerate achievement of key results in UNICEF's Medium-term Strategic Plan (MTSP) for the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) by:
- Increasing knowledge and awareness
- Improving and building new skills
- Maintaining and increasing demand for products and services
- Improving the performance of service providers
- Changing individual behaviours and collective practices
- Influencing attitudes, social norms and power relationships
- Enhancing self esteem and promoting self efficacy
- Changing national and local policies and legislation
Through: • Studies and research (evidence)
• Mass communication and advocacy – disseminate information/messages and echo the voices, perceptions and requests of children, women and families of vulnerable groups to influence political dialogue
• Local communication/ social mobilization – influence families through mobilization of the civil society (NGOs, grass roots communities) and leaders and involve the communities.
• Interpersonal communication/ social dialogue – involve and empower families and social networks to influence and strengthen social norms and collective behaviour
• Monitoring & Evaluation